Dream to cook tasty Nigerian fried rice? What tips are the best? What are the needed ingredients? You’ll find out everything you wanted to know about this wonderful dish here!
The Nigerian Fried Rice has already become one of the most favorite dishes during festive seasons. The Nigerian fried rice recipe is very different from the wide-spread Chicken fried rice recipe, because of the depth of its taste, which comes from the Soy sauce and the depth of taste, which comes from the Curry powder, Seasoning cubes, Thyme and of course the abundance of different vegetables like, for example peas, sweet corn, carrots, green beans and Onions.
Nigerian fried rice ingredients:
- 1 cup of uncooked rice
- 1 onion, medium sized
- 1 cup of different vegetables (you can use sweet corn, green beans, carrots and sweet peas)
- 2 green onions
- 2 pieces of Beef Liver (it is optional)
READ ALSO: What is Ghanaian jollof rice recipe?
- 3/4 cup of turkey stock or chicken
- 1/2 Teaspoon of tasty thyme
- 1 full teaspoon of delicious curry powder
- 1 bouillon cube
- 4 tablespoons of any oil for frying
Directions for cooking the Nigerian Fried Rice dish
- Add your stock into any pot and let it start boiling
- Add your parboiled rice to the stock and then cook until all water is dried up
- add the oil into a wok or skillet
- Saute your onions for a few seconds, add mixed vegetables, the seasonings (Salt, Stock Cube, Thyme and Curry Powder) and the scallions
- Add your rice and then stir fry for only 2 minutes
- Take the dish off the heat and then serve
- You can eat the meal with some meat or fish according to your taste.
- READ ALSO: What is the best donut recipe?