Do cholesterol lowering yogurt drinks work?

Dream to fix your cholesterol level? What tips are the best? Have you already tried cholesterol lowering yogurt? You’ll find out everything you wanted to know about cholesterol here!

cholesterol lowering yogurt

Every day you can hear about the health problems associated with high cholesterol. In fact, its high level can eventually lead to unpleasant consequences. To counter the negative effects of cholesterol in the body you can use properly sized menu or the cholesterol lowering foods.

Cholesterol is an organic compound (fatty alcohol), about 80% of which is produced by the body, and the remaining 20% ​​comes from food. One part is the ‘good’ cholesterol, which has a positive effect on the condition of the vessels, and the other - the ‘bad’ one.

cholesterol lowering foods

This high amount of ‘bad’ blood cholesterol becomes a major cause of disease affecting the arteries - atherosclerosis. If nothing is done, it may subsequently lead to occlusion of blood vessels and circulatory problems. In order to normalize the value of cholesterol in the blood, experts advise to give up alcohol and smoking, increase physical activity, as well as change your diet. It turns out that there are cholesterol-lowering foods. One need only to be adhered to certain menus, plaques and vessels will not appear.

However, there are also a lot of opponents of cholesterol lowering yogurt drink, for example.

Special Yogurts

cholesterol lowering yogurt drinks

Having a healthy diet and also healthy lifestyle can help you to low your cholesterol level and thus to low your risk of heart disease. Some foods are much better for lowering cholesterol than a lot of others. In any case, if you like eating yogurt, buy a fat-free or low-fat version that contains mostly live active cultures or, for example, plant stanols for the best cholesterol-lowering result. However, it should search a lot to find the best product.

You can get the cholesterol-lowering effect of your yogurt by choosing a special yogurt with added plant stanols. Some studies published in ‘The Journal of Nutrition’ proved that drinking a yogurt drink fortified with plant stanols managed to help the study participants with metabolic syndrome to low ‘bad’ cholesterol, including both LDL and also very-low-density lipoprotein, as well as the triglyceride levels. This is much better than any yogurt with probiotics, which only lowered cholesterol and not triglycerides in their previous study published in ‘Annals of Nutrition & Metabolism’.

Nutrition & Metabolism

However, this special yogurts are very hard to find and usually they are quite expensive. If you manage to find them – do not be lazy and read all the components! But besides that it is better to know the best menu and achieve the results as soon as possible.

Here is correct menu for those, who wish to get rid of the threat of vascular occlusion. You should know which foods reduce cholesterol and, therefore, they must be included in the diet, taking into account all the recommendations:

 cholesterol lowering

• Meat and poultry. It is best to eat beef, lean pork, veal, chicken and turkey without the skin.

• Fish should contain Omega-3 (sturgeon, salmon, Arctic cisco, whitefish, etc.). 3 servings of fish per week will give a positive result.

• If the daily use of vegetable oils (sunflower, olive, soybean and corn) is about 3 tablespoons - the cholesterol will be safe for vessels.

• Butter and margarine must be used in small quantities.

good doctor

READ ALSO: Are garden eggs good for weight loss?

• Dairy products should be only low fat (milk, cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt).

• Fruits - two servings per day; eating apples and citrus is necessary (lemons, tangerines, etc..).

• Dried fruits - raisins, prunes, dried apricots.

• Berries. Particular attention should be paid to the use of cranberry. Its juice can not only normalize blood cholesterol and sugar, but also make the risk of various heart problems minimum. In addition, the high content of vitamin C makes this product unique in the fight against infectious diseases (such as influenza).

doctor heart

• Vegetables should be used several times a week without sauces. It will not hurt to add a vegetable salad or avocado artichoke, because they help to get rid of the ‘bad’ cholesterol.

• Herbal spices such as pepper, dill, basil, parsley, etc., can be used in almost unlimited quantities.

• Nuts and whole grains and legumes. To prevent the formation of plaques it is enough to eat oatmeal for breakfast. And the use of boiled beans in a couple of weeks will allow normalizing the amount of cholesterol.

• Drinks - any mineral water, juices and teas.

• Infusions of choleretic herbs (tansy, thistle, etc.) are necessary in order to restore the normal functioning of the gallbladder and liver.

Your comment
Add image

By posting your comment, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.