What are the most popular methods of removal of water from the ear? How to avoid ear infection and congestion of liquid in ear? Read the article to learn the most effective ways of treatment.
How to remove water from a plugged ear?
Liquid in ears can disturb slightly, and can also put irreparable harm in case if an infection won't treated long. Liquid usually gets in tubes, which are part of middle ear. Some liquids come out by means of house remedies, but others demand medical intervention. The knowledge of how to remove water, which has got into ears, will help you to provide health of the ears and to keep hearing within long years. First of all, try to remove water by means of simple objects or methods. If you are not at home and you don't have any objects, try the following technique for removal of water, which has got to your ear.
How to remove water from a clogged ear – home means
- Apply a finger to ear and try to create a vacuum. Try to place a forefinger in ear and to move it up accurately. Ears have various forms. Therefore, you should be trained a little. Accurately move a finger until you create a vacuum. Try to suck water away from an ear.
- Try to level pressure. Inhale having closed a mouth and, holding a nose with two fingers, blow the ear tubes. Hang your head so that the problem ear was directed down. If the method works, you will hear clap.
- Stay on one leg and lower in on the side of head where there is a liquid. Jump on one leg, inclining the head down. Jump slowly, trying not to fall.
- Prepare mixture from one part of vinegar and a half of isopropyl alcohol. Mix vinegar with alcohol and gather solution in pipette. Drops in ear with water several times, then wait and repeat your actions. Isopropyl alcohol and water are very well dissolved in each other, and alcohol will help to accelerate evaporation of water in ear.
- Alcohol solution in vinegar will also help to destroy all remains of ear sulfur interfering removal of liquid.
READ ALSO: How to get rid of chapped lips?
- Chew chewing gum, or just make chewing movements. Chewing often leads to opening of tubes. Try to chew or yawn with inclined head to open ear tubes and to allow force of gravitation to make its business.
- Put the head on a pillow or sleep in such position that the ear has been inclined down. Lay down sideways so that the ear, in which there is a liquid, has appeared on a pillow. Gravitation will help to bring water out of ear.
- Use the hair dryer to deliver air in the ear. Take the hair dryer, turn it on the weakest operating mode and having arranged it rather far from ear, send a little air to it. Air will help to dry up part of liquid, which has got into ear.
- Never use hair dryer exposed on high temperature. Removal of water from ear doesn't cost damages, which you can receive as a result of it.
How to remove water clogged in ear – general methods and instructions
- Dry wipe ears with towel if water from the pool or from the hot crane has got into them. Make so that your external ear was drier. Try to apply a small heating pillow.
- Understand the reasons of emergence of water in ear to prevent its emergence in the future. The allergy, an inflammation of sinuses and cold, tobacco smoking and other external stimuli belong to these reasons.
- If you are inclined to water in ear, the knowledge of probable causes will help you to take precautionary measures. Having prevented cold, allergy and other conditions causing an infection of sinuses you prevent problems with ears. Be more vigilant: wash arms and disinfect phone and the equipment, which you use with employees, steer clear of the smoked rooms. Besides, if certain stimuli cause a serious allergy, do everything possible not to approach them, or take your medicine against allergy more regularly.
- Allow infectious disease to pass over time then liquid has to flow out. Meanwhile, if you feel pain in ear, you can weaken it, having put a warm tissue or warm bottle with water to sick ear. Also you can use drops or anesthetics.
- Consult with therapist concerning liquid, which can't be removed by means of drops on spirituous basis. Probably you will be prescribed a course of treatment with more strong drugs and antibiotics for treatment of infectious disease and restoration of outflow of liquid, which will happen at most in ten days. In certain cases, it will be required to accept strong drugs one more week.
- Choose surgical intervention if liquid can't be removed with any other way. It especially concerns to children who have constant problems with stagnation of liquid in ear. But adults can have similar liquids, which also aren't giving to treatment by medicines.
- At children tubes often are still undeveloped that leads to hindrances to normal removal of liquid, which arise at cold or upper respiratory tract infection. The doctor will make a cut on eardrum, and will insert a tube into middle ear for water exit until tube is developed. Usually the tube is inserted for six months, but sometimes for longer term.
- Tubes can be used also for adults, but as a rule only for period of about six weeks, considerably smaller in comparison with children. As soon as liquid flows out, the tube is deleted, it is frequent during simple visit of the doctor then the eardrum quickly heals.
- READ ALSO: How to do perfect eyebrows?