Diarrhea (from Greek "di-arrheo" — "to expire"), is the increased frequency of defecation more than 2 times a day, with feces of liquid consistency. Diarrhea is not a disease, but it is reaction to some problems in the organism, most commonly in the digestive system. Just as a cough is not a disease but a symptom of disorders of the respiratory system.
Diarrhea is single or multiple discharge of liquid stool. The causes of non-infectious diarrhea can be gross or poor quality food, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (colitis, enteritis, gastritis). Nervousness and fear can also cause diarrhea, because they can increase peristalsis.
Diarrhea can be acute (occurs suddenly and stop within in 1-2 weeks) and chronic (lasts more than 2 weeks).
The causes of diarrhea can be:
* intestinal infections: dysentery, salmonellosis, viral diseases, etc;
* improper diet;
* allergy to certain foods;
* lack of vitamins for example K, F, B2 (Riboflavin) and Niacin;
* chronic diseases of the digestive system (gastritis, colitis, enteritis, pancreatitis, hepatitis, etc.);
* acute poisoning (for example of mercury or arsenic);
* metabolic disorders;
* nervousness, excitement, fear.
In addition, diarrhea often occurs when there is abrupt change of climate and food. It also is called "diarrhea of travelers".
You will never confuse diarrhea with other diseases. In severe cases the person just does not come out from the bathroom. In addition to diarrhea, it may disturb abdominal pain, flatulence, nausea and vomiting. During prolonged diarrhea the patient loses appetite, loses weight. However, everything depends on the causes of diarrhea.
Many people think that diarrhea signifies nothing. However, in some cases the patient need to contact with his doctor. For example, when:
* diarrhea continues for more than 4 days;
* in the excrement appear blood streaks or mucus;
* stool is dark and tarry;
* the patient has strong pain in the abdomen;
• temperature rises sharply;
• there is a high chance of food intoxication.
READ ALSO: What are the causes of diarrhea?
One of the most dangerous complications of diarrhea, which often develops in young children and in elderly people, is dehydration of organism. In particularly severe cases, it even ends by fatal outcome.
Therefore, if you have diarrhea is very important to avoid the dehydration.
Because the simple water does not contain sugar, mineral salts, which the organism loses during diarrhea, it is very important to compensate the lack by consuming plenty of fluids that contain these substances. In addition to it, will benefit tea with sugar, fruit juices, bouillon, mineral water and of course the herbal infusions. If you, in addition to diarrhea, worried, and vomiting, you should take a small amount of fluid every 15-20 minutes.
If the cause of disease is not identified and the diarrhea does not stop, especially in cases of a combination of diarrhea with increasing temperature, the appearance of blood in the stool, you should immediately call the doctor avoid the infectious disease, primarily dysentery.
Diarrhea treatment with folk remedies
If diarrhea is caused by tainted food, traditional medicine recommends drinking half of glass of weak solution of potassium permanganate.
To stop diarrhea help the following tools:
• infusion of rye crackers (pour the crackers with water, then leave it) — drink 1 or 2 pips throughout the day;
• strong tea or coffee without milk;
• rice water;
• blueberry jelly;
• acorn or barley coffee.
The additional recommendations
If you have diarrhea you should follow the diet: eat little and often, refuse fatty food, coffee and milk. It is recommended to eat bananas, boiled rice, applesauce, crackers, and activated carbon.
By the way, more than half of the cases of diarrhea go away after the consuming of the ancient folk recipe — a glass of vodka with salt (the more salt the better is).
Treatment with sea salt
Diarrhea as well as poisoning is characterized by dehydration. To cope with this condition will help the following recipes with sea salt.
• Mix 4 grams of finely chopped of purified sea salt, 20 grams of glucose, 3 grams of baking soda and 20 grams of potassium chloride. Then pour the mixture with a liter of boiled water and drink throughout the day.
• In a glass, pour the fruit juice, add a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of finely ground purified sea salt. In another glass you should pour the clean, passed through the filter, boiled water with a teaspoon of baking soda. Drink 2 sips alternately from each glass, drink the liquid from both cups to the end.
The advice of traditional medicine
- 1 tablespoon of dry powdered leaves of portulaca oleracea you should pour 2 cups of boiling water, then leave it in a sealed container in a boiling water bath for 30 minutes, then add a paste of 1-2 cloves of garlic to the broth, then leave it one more time, and then drain it. Take 1/2 of cup 3 times a day, 30 minutes before meals, if you have dysentery.
- Also in case of dysentery during every day eat 1 whole head of garlic. This tool allows you to cure rather quickly this serious disease.
- Taking 2-3 g of garlic powder 2 times a day after meals can be quite effectively diarrhea treatment, because it restores appetite. This dose protects the person from the causative agent of dysentery.
- The powder of activated carbon (the pharmaceutical preparation) mix 1:1 by volume with juice of garlic, kept in warm oven until complete drying of garlic juice. Take 1/3 of teaspoon 3 times a day, for 20-30 minutes before meals in the treatment of dysentery and many other intestinal diseases. The juice of garlic is absorbed into the powder of activated carbon, and it slowly releases from carbon only in the gastrointestinal tract, which significantly enhances the therapeutic action of garlic.
- Take it 3 times a day, 30 minutes before meals is you have dysentery, food poisoning, acute intoxication, medicinal substances, poisoning by berries and bacterial toxins, colic in the stomach, and also to prevent diarrhea in patients, who are infected with pathogenic bacteria.
the garlic is a great remedy for treatment of diarrhea in young children. It is given to children in the form of a slurry or powder, which is hidden in the beads from bread and the children are forced to swallow it without chewing.