How to get rid of an ear infection quickly and safety? How can oil of tea tree help at treatment? Read the article to learn about the most effective ways.
Ear infection is very widespread and has various reasons. Fortunately, there are many natural methods, which will help you to feel better. This is the list of best home remedies for ear infection:
Home remedies for ear infection in adults
- Ear infections can be very irritating and morbid. Leaving the infected ear without appropriate treatment can lead to serious complications, such as hearing loss. There are several natural remedies for the treatment of an infection of an ear. The following agents have to help at treatment:
- The known home remedy for the treatment of ear infection is to instill 1-2 drops of juice of an onion or garlic in a sick ear. It is recommended to dilute juice with boiled water because it is possible to receive a micro-combustion from the juice of onion or garlic. Before it, the agent needs to be cooled.
- Another option is the instillation of 1-2 drops of warm olive oil in a sick ear.
- To reduce the pain and edemas caused because of aural infections it is necessary to heat a salt cup within 2-3 minutes in the microwave oven. Put salt in a small bag or a sock and accurately place it in the place of an inflammation. It is necessary to take a piece of a tissue and to moisten it in warm water. Wring out a tissue to remove excess water and to put a tissue closer to a sick ear. The warm compress will give some pain ease.
- Make the following admixture: 3 drops of an essential oil of tea tree, 2 drops of an essential oil of lavender, 2 drops of chamomile extract and 1 tablespoon of oil of almonds. Install this warm admixture in a sick ear – 2 drops once a day.
- Extraction of pus. Pus is, as a rule, bound to infections. It can be whitish-yellow color or, perhaps, brown, green, red or blue. To extract pus, it is possible to fill a small bag or a sock with salt and to press it to an ear. The ear heating is also used for extraction of pus. The heating of an ear is carried out by means of a hollow suppository, which is inserted into an ear. As a rule, such hollow suppositories are made of the tissue soaked with paraffin. After the suppository is inserted into a sick ear, it is necessary to light it to frame vacuum and to pump outside all pus, which is in an ear cavity.
READ ALSO: How to get rid of eye bags?
Home remedies for ear infections in dogs
Use the cleaning method recommended by the veterinarian. Put a cleaner to the ear canal of your dog, according to instructions on a bottle. Massage an ear at the basis within 20-30 seconds to help a cleaner to extend and take all alien substances. Use a wadded tampon to clean dirt from the ear. The ear channel of a dog is L-shaped, so clean it in this direction. Repeat actions, until you remove all dirt. The tampon will also absorb all excess liquid. Accurately wipe inside of an external ear and around an ear with a dry soft towel to clean dirt and moisture. Follow instructions of the veterinarian about how many days in a week you should clean ears of your dog.
Home remedies for ear infection in toddlers
- According to a research, garlic is several times more effective than some popular antibiotics for the fight against bacteria. Also, its antiviral properties are proved. It is necessary to boil a garlic glove to a semi-soft condition in 1/2 glasses of water. Put it to an ear (but don't push to the ear canal), cover with a gauze or wadded tampon and fix. Change it several times in days.
- Sometimes it is recommended to put breast milk in an ear. Such method of treatment can be effective due to the immune connections, which are a part of breast milk. It is sterile and also has a body temperature that won't cause additional irritation at the kid.
- The main property of hot compresses is warming of the inflamed site and reduction of pain. For this purpose, the cup of salt or a cup of rice are placed in the sock, heated to a warm condition in the microwave oven and put on an ear of the child for 10 minutes. It is also possible to use a warm hot-water bottle.
This was the list of home remedies for ear infection, which will help you to get rid of this unpleasant disease.
- READ ALSO: Home remedies: How to treat pink eye?