You can create unique pillows creative pillow designs for your living room, bedroom, etc., and each room will have a fresh new look! It must be the best thing and for sure, it worth the emotions that your guests will have, when they see all the decorations you have made.
I think you will agree that the things that you made with your own hands a lot better. These things create the special atmosphere - more comfortable and pleasant in the house than those that were purchased even in the solid product. You will be able to create a subject of an interior that is ideal for the design of your room.
This is a pillow! These pillows can be considered really exclusive, which means that you definitely will not find a similar product at your friends or relatives house. In this article, we'll show you how to create a pillow that will give you comfort, wonderful sweet dreams and good humor. These pillows will become a truly bright accent in your apartment or a country house.
We offer you a selection of interesting ideas to create original decorative pillows, which you can create with your own hands. And I sincerely hope that soon these cute settlers and its colors will sparkle in your interior and will bring its share of good mood at your home.
The materials you will need are:
- White cotton pillow
- Dropper bottle
- Rubbing alcohol
- Clothes Dryer
- Sharpie markers in different colors
Hot tips to know
- Before starting, wear your old clothing (also you can wear latex gloves to protect your arms).
- You can dye your pillows in many different ways, using a lot of techniques.
- The best material, which absorbs well dye, is cotton. With polyester, you will not get the same results.
- Do not overdo it! There is no need in making the tone very bright.
- You can make gifts for your friends and family in such way.
- Undoubtedly, you can use the same technique not only on pillows but also on towels, pillowcases, T-shirts. But remember, that it will not work with synthetic fabrics.
- It is a great activity for creative people, which does not require much time and money.
Note! When rubbing alcohol, you have to be kept away from any open flames or heat. This experiment must be conducted in a well-ventilated place, it will be better if you do it outdoors or in a room with open windows.
Try to experiment with different patterns and color combinations. Remember that everything depends on your own fantasies. Draw squares, rounds, rhombus, lines or any other geometric shape. You may combine as many colors as you wish. Try as many different patterns as you like.
Customizing your room with some “new” elements have never been so simple!
Today the Internet have dozens of different ideas, but you can choose any of them and try without any effort.
Everyone has his own taste and style, but that is no impediment to finding the ideas that we meet network. Today we want to show a very curious way to get a fully customized pillow cases, tinting fabric quickly and easily.
If you like the colorful and abstract prints, this idea is perfect for you. In the example, we show that many different colors may be used. Of course, you can use the tones that you want, even black!
You will need:
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1 pillowcase
- Ink for clothes (preferably with cold water)
1. Put the cup of baking soda in a bowl of water
2. We dip into the mix the pillowcases
3. Leave them for 15-30 minutes (depends on what you want to see finally) and drain them
4. Put ice cubes on top covering the entire surface in a bowl without water
5. Let the ice spreading on the chosen paint and let the ice melt
6. Wash the garment in the washing machine, let it dry, and ... voila!
7. Stаrt with prасtiсing on а piесе of sсrаp fаbriс or old сlothing to еxpеrimеnt with сolor mixing аnd sprеаding.
Еxpеrimеnt with thе rubbing аlсohol. For instаnсе, whаt hаppеns whеn you drop it spаringly аround your pillow аnd whаt hаppеns whеn you plасе thе drops сlosе togеthеr?
Thе аlсohol will sprеаd thе ink аnd mix thе сolors. Go slowly аnd don’t usе muсh аt first. Lеt аir dry if it is rеаlly wеt аnd thеn plасе а dаmp pillow in thе dryеr to sеt thе сolors. Еxpеrimеnt also with widеr linеs, dots, or аbstrасts.
How doеs it work?
This is rеаlly а lеsson in thе сonсеpts of solubility, сolor mixing, аnd thе movеmеnt of molесulеs. Thе Shаrpiе mаrkеrs сontаin pеrmаnеnt ink, whiсh will not wаsh аwаy with wаtеr. Pеrmаnеnt ink is hydrophobiс. In other words, it is not solublе in wаtеr. Howеvеr, thе molесulеs of ink аrе solublе in аnothеr solvеnt саllеd rubbing аlсohol. This solvеnt саrriеs thе diffеrеnt сolors of ink with it аs it sprеаds in а сirсulаr pаttеrn from thе сеntеr of thе shirt.
Another way to dye your unique decorative pillows for couch or sofa also requires some ice and powder dye. The main difference is that this method will make the colors deeper and brighter.
READ ALSO: DIY art: How to Paint on Plastic Tumblers?
Firstly, put the ice on your pillow cases (or anything else you want), sprinkle the powder above it and wait before the ice melts. When it happens, beautiful watercolor patterns will appear.
But pay attention to the fact, that you should not leave the ice for more than 2 hours with dye on the pillows. So if you want to create a light shade, leave it just for about 15-20 minutes. Anyway, you can observe the result during the process.