What is the biggest house in the world and who lives there? Read and find out!
The biggest and the most expensive private house is situated in Bombay, India. Mukesh Ambani, the richest man in India is the owner of this house. He built it for his family. However, he has an ordinary family - a wife and three children. But he built a skyscraper for them!
The building is called "Antilia", its height is 173 meters and the area is 37,000 meters! The skyscraper has 27 floors, but it could have been even 60 as the owner just loves high ceilings.
He lives in this private house with 6 other people – Mukesh himslef, his mother, wife and three children. 600 people are involved in the maintenance of the building.
It took 7 years to build the Antilia house. It was designed by the architects of Perkins & Will (America). Each floor has its own design and layout and is also made of different materials.
The first floor is a parking lot – it is occupied by 168 cars. They have a living room on the 9th floor. There is a private Mukesh car service on the seventh floor. You can find several pools, a spa, a small theatre, ballet hall, fitness club and cinema on the other floors.
Almost each of these floors is designed specifically for every family member.
There is also an "ice room", which helps to hide from the hot weather. They say that it is almost a real freezer with snow inside.
On one of the floors there is a control room, and the so-called, «panic room» - a completely self-contained place equipped with all safety stuff. There are 3 areas for helicopters on the roof. There are also plenty of balconies, terraces with the views of the Arabian Sea, and several luxury gardens.
READ ALSO: Largest cities in the world
The total number of workers there is 600 persons. They also have their own floor.
After the construction was done, Mukesh didn’t move there because he was afraid that his luck would disappear.
According to media reports, because of the increasing cost of land in Mumbai the cost of the building now can be up to $ 1-2 billion, which makes it the most expensive house in the world.
The building is surrounded by the fence and the military with machine guns protect the perimeter.
World Biggest House – Top 10
1. The tallest building in the world is Burj Khalifa. It is located in the beautiful city of Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The height of the building is 828 meters.
2. Shanghai Tower is an ultra-high building in the Pudong district of Shanghai in China. The building height is 632 meters, it has 128 floors, and the total area is 380 thousand meters. In 2016 it will be the 5th biggest building in the world, taking into account the Tower of India in Mumbai.
3. Clock Royal Tower (Makkah Royal Clock Tower Hotel). The building is located in the famous Mecca for all Muslims – in Saudi Arabia.
4. World Trade Center 1 or Freedom Tower (One World Trade Center). The hotel is a skyscraper located in New York (USA). Its height is 541.3 meters.
5. International Financial Centre is an ultra-high skyscraper, built in the style of modernism. It located in Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province, China. The height of the building is 437.5 meters.
6. Taipei 101 is a skyscraper located in the capital of Taiwan - Taipei. Its height is 508 meters.
7. The Shanghai World Financial Center. It is a skyscraper in Shanghai (China). The building height is 492 meters.
8. International Commerce Centre is a skyscraper, built in 2010 in the western city of Kowloon Hong Kong.
9. Twin Towers (Twin Skyscrapers) are located in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia). The design of the skyscraper was made by the Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad, who proposed to build a house in an "Islamic" style.
10. The financial center of Nanjing Grinlend "(Tower Tszyfen) is ultra-high building, which is the business center of the city Nanjing (China). The building height is 450 meters.
- READ ALSO: The highest building