Here's d story: I asked this particular girl out during nysc almost 3yrs ago, She's catholic and i'm protestant. She left to go abroad for masters and i got a job in naija, later resigned and went in for masters, the issue is i've never gotten any formal response since i made my request. I kept communication, we talk on phone, chat, sometimes she spends almost 1hr on the phone calling each other.
We've re-nited in naija during breaks, and each time i had the opportunity to ask face to face i keep getting the response dat suggested to me dat she hadn't made up her mind. I'm normally not a patient person but i decided to be very patient wt dis lady coz i love her, and i kept telling her dis verbally and through my actions, I must admit dat she showed some luv too, but i couldnt get over the fraustration of not knowing whether i was wasting my time wt her or not. We had some quarels as people in r/shp do and they were resolved. However lately the quarels were so intense, everytime we communicated there was almost always an issue dat led to quarel, So i decided not to call her for about 3wks, It wasnt easy but i stuck to my guns, During this period, she didnt call either. She sent me emails however, which i responded to. In none of the emails did she complain about my lack of calls. She was to return to Naija at the end of the 3rd week.
I decided to call her. My calls repeatedly went to voice mail, I assumed she'd returned to naija but i want sure, so i called up her sister who did not give me a definite answer, i had to search for her niaija number which i had stored in a diary. Lo and behold when i called, d girl i loved had returned and refused to call, to cut the long story short, i arranged a meeting for both of us where she complained that i broke her heart, she said she planned to call me out of christain virtues not out of love because i didnt show love by not calling for those 3wks, dat she had no shoulders to lean on during her trying times cos she was rounding up her msc and the thesis and part time job she had were running her crazy, All these she said almost sobbing, She was even insinuating dat i had gotten another woman, <this is d same girl dat constantly kept me in suspense worrying about another woman?> the truth however is dat i wasnt emotionally involved with another lady,
I understood dat she loved me cos she cried while narrating how her heart burned during my period of no communication. That solved, we went unto other issues days later, I made her know dat i was willing to marry in a catholic church b/c dat was what her Dad(who is a night in the catholic church) wanted. but i'd prefer we both go to d same church after marriage, dat i wasnt prepared to raise my children catholic, She remained adamant dat she wasnt changing and complaining dat i dont love her etc, I was resolute, and dat was it, the sobbing stuff started again and she asked if it was Over btw both of us. I couldnt get myself to say dat, She called me from the airport b4 boarding her flight back abroad to tell me in an emotion laden voice dat if it makes me feel better, she love's me!! . This is the first time she eva sed dat since i asked her out.-- She's gone back abroad and sed she's going back wt d notion dat its ended between us!
SHOULD I JUST MOVE ON, what do u think