Is there the difference between Boko Haram and Niger Delta Avengers? How these two terrorist groups are different from each other? What are their goals? Read to find out!
The attacks on the Nigeria institutions and facilities become challenges for President Muhammadu Buhari. The global oil price takedown started a few years ago after Russian Federation annexation of Crimea and continued support with the Ukrainian Separatist States concerned not only Russians economy but also economic and political tensions all around the world. If the lowering prices of crude oil below 40$ for Nigeria economy was drastic hit, the Boko Haram and Delta Avengers proceeding attacks lower production of crude oil. Also, hit and run tactics of both terrorist organizations jeopardized the stable situation in the Most Populated Country of the West region of Africa. Despite the tactics of Boko Haram and Niger Delta Avengers are the same, they pursue different goals.
This officially called terrorist group since 2009 pursue religious goals. As Jihadists of the Islamic State, they desire a spread of caliphate across all Africa and the Middle East. They completely against European secular education and promote Islamic Radical Values. One of the values is the reign of Muslims and death to other religions. Despite the fact that the President of Nigeria represents Muslims part of Nigeria, Boko Haram accuses him of infidelity to the Prophets commandments. They are provided to be religious fanatics deducted their life to Jihad and most of their targets are civilian facilities.
Niger Delta Avengers
On the other hand, Nigeria has a new group of aggressive and violent extremists who started their activity recently. If Islam terrorists hit civilians, this group action directed against the economy. Their main targets are crude oil facilities which brings up to 70% percent of Nigeria Revenue. In the same time, this kind of actions is more devastating as includes the whole economy of Nigeria to draft. It means fewer jobs, more food and gasoline prices, a rise of manifestations and meetings against ruled government. According to Harvard political studies, most of the Niger Delta Avengers extremists consist of former militants who displeased insufficient founding of Amnesty Program promised by the Government.
What is the difference between these two organizations?
- Boko Haram goals strictly religious, where Niger Delta Avengers hold no grudges to a different religious confession of Nigeria.
- Avengers insist on the Presidents taking responsibility for the political murdering of their leaders and continuance reign of the Party is negotiable while Islamists are ready to illuminate the democratic leaders and establish the Islamic state.
- According to the condition of peace with Delta Avengers, 60% of oil ownership should stay in oil production states while 40% goes to non-oil states and foreign companies should meet this demands. In the same time, Boko Haram against any foreign ownership of oil production.
- Niger Delta Avengers demand to clear oil polluted regions while ecologic issues of Islamists are unclear.
- Avengers demand continuance and proper foundation of the Government Amnesty Program while Boko Haram see no peace in the Amnesty.
- READ ALSO: Why do young people join Boko Haram?