I live in the UK and I have been working in advisory roles most of my career of about 3.5 years.
I am contemplating the opportunity of moving back to Nigeria and working in executive advisory within any industry.
My questions are:
1) Is this seen as an important and elite function in Nigeria as it is in UK?
2) What is the Salary range I should be looking at for this function and at what grade should I accept from recruiters? (N.B: I have done this for blue chip firms. Please any opinion on this should indicate what industry (if possible, the company) the figures you are quoting are for)
3) Which industries are vacancies likely to be available in? Considering that most international conglomerates are likely to develop the emerging markets SBU approach from their western headquarters and prescribe implementation to respective SBU in Africa with limited flexibility?
4) I only have a BSc. No Masters, MBA or Phd but with the reputation of the firms that have recruited me in this corporate elite role in the UK, I find lack of these qualifications has been no major hinderance for me in the UK. Would lack of these be an issue in Nigeria?
5) What are the work hours like for advisory officials in Nigeria?